Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Observing Yahoo Groups #1

For class my job is to observe a social medium. I decided to observe Yahoo Groups. Yahoo Groups can be considered an email lists. You can choose to join any group that you would like. The groups range from advice about love and relationships, politics, leisure, health and a wide variety of other topics. When I first visited Yahoo Groups it took me awhile to figure out the group that I wanted to observe. I finally decided to join a group that asked the age old question, what do men want anyways? I thought that this would be interesting to observe because I believe that I will see some interesting dialogue.

When I finally got into the group it took me awhile to figure out what I had to do. I discovered how I could post answers to questions as well as photos and links. Then I took a look at the questions. A few questions I found amusing were I'm pretty and smart but don't have a boyfriend?, should I leave my girlfriend forever if she likes someone else? as well as a person that is torn between 3 lovers. All the questions that I read had some similarities and differences with one another. I can't wait to continue my observation to see what else I will find.

No comments: