Friday, September 19, 2008

Observing Yahoo Groups #3

Today, I admit, I was a bit excited to check my email. I am enjoying my experience with the email lists. I really enjoy it because you get to read some of the most random things that you will ever read in your life. The situations vary from person to person, but they usually fall within the range of "relationship problems." Occasionally, you will see an email that just says "HI, let's be friends" and that is quite annoying, but mostly it's serious. I am playing the role of observer, but some of the questions are so touching that I want to give advice.

One thing I read was about a woman whose husband completely ignores her. I felt really bad for her because according to what she said, she takes care of everything in their home. The only thing that he notices when it comes to her is if she is cheating on him or not. I think this is ridiculous and what makes it worse, they have children and he doesn't pay any attention to them. She is torn between staying with him or leaving because she is hoping that there is a chance things will get better. Reading this made me realize that there is a lot more to just being apart of one of these groups, it is real life.

No comments: